Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notifications doesn't work

Amali November 28, 2023

We have multiple projects on our JSM. We needed notifications sent from individual mail servers configured for each project. I tried to set up individually for incoming email servers. For outgoing, there's only 1 default in global settings, but in each project, I saw the option to change the email address of the notifications in the project settings summary page. But outgoing notifications are not being sent at all now. I'm trying to understand how this works. Please support.

1 answer

0 votes
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 28, 2023

Hello @Amali 

Unfortunately, there isn't much you can configure for outgoing mailservers. There is no log, no server name and no triggers for notifications.

Setting up a custom email address is possible and will require you to configure your DNS servers to allow Atlassian to send email from your domain.

But perhaps there is another way to achieve what you want.

Could you explain what you are trying to achieve and in what instances?

Amali November 28, 2023

Hello @Paul Wiggers

Appreciate the first reply. 

Let's say we have 2 projects in a JSM instance. 

Project 1 uses the default outgoing email address - default@x.com

Outgoing notifications for project 2 needs to be sent from - pro2@x.com

Since there's only one option to configure the outgoing email address, which is the default as well, I configured pro2@x.com in project settings as described in the article https://confluence.atlassian.com/adminjiraserver/configuring-email-notifications-938847633.html. But after configuring that no outgoing notifications are sent from Project 2 at all. 

Am I missing any step? How can I achieve this usecase I'm working towards? 

Thanks!

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 29, 2023

Hello Amali,

I am sorry but for some reason I missed that this was a question about the server installation. Unfortunately, I have no experience with this product and won't be able to help you with this specific question.
It appears that you can configure your own SMTP server in the server edition and besides pointing you to the same documentation you have already found, there isn't much I can do to help you out.

In our cloud environment we have configured a custom address and have set that address under the project's notification settings. 

Amali November 30, 2023

Hello @Paul Wiggers

Appreciate the support!

No worries. I also wanted to know, 'from a different address' means like alias name of the default outgoing server or it can be totally separate email account with its own private inbox?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events