Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Notification Jira : junk message

EDo - BoT October 8, 2019

Hello,
I am having a serious problem with emails sent by Jira.
90% of customers receive messages in their junk mail. the message being considered spam.

Could you help me solve this problem ?

Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Michael Green January 14, 2021

Still getting this issue :(

0 votes
Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

That is interesting. There might be something that is sent in the notification itself or there are too many messages. Anyway key question is when this start to happen.. Was this recently? (You customers started recently to get this moved into spam)

If so then there might be some change on the Jira Service Desk Cloud side that trigger that. Since those are (I guess) different customers with different policies then I think this is not a spam filter on their side.

How about you when you get a notification? Did you do a test? Maybe you can add a test user and check if notifications triggered by you are also moved to spam.

You can also ask you customers what kind of messages are landing. Are those all outgoing notifications or maybe only specific (like mention, comment or .. else)

EDo - BoT October 9, 2019

Hello, thank you for your answer.
this has been happening since the beginning (I have been a Jira Cloud customer since August 20, 2019.)
I did the test, and I also receive the messages (reply, notification etc) in the spam folder.

Regards

Mirek
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 9, 2019

What kind of mailbox is used? Those are Microsoft, Gmail, .. ?

Maybe you can look at this issue

https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/CLOUD-5377

EDo - BoT October 10, 2019

The customers have Gmail addresses, Microsoft etc.

however, I have to declare the SFP

"v=spf1 include:_spf.atlassian.net include:_spf.google.com include:spf.protection.outlook.com -all"

:(

Tom Foxwell June 25, 2020

I have been noiticing this as well in Gmail. I also have DKIM and SPF records setup and verified correctly. From what I can see DKIM and SPF checks actually pass but DMARC fails.

Screen Shot 2020-06-26 at 11.09.11 am.png

Tilak Kumar July 9, 2020

@Tom Foxwell  Even i have the same issue did you find some fix for this ?
Thanks 

Ellen Cross July 27, 2020

We are also having this issue, Service Desk customer emails are going into Junk folder or are not getting to their destination at all. Atlassian, please help.

Like Ellen Cross likes this
Tom Foxwell January 14, 2021

@Tilak Kumar We were able to get around this issue to receive internal emails in Gmail in a similar way to how you mentioned. However hardly a satisfactory solutions for customers. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events