Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After changing to custom domain for email delivery mails were pointing to Junk

Tilak Kumar July 9, 2020

Using Service Desk earlier recipient use to receive mails from atlassian.net domain which i changed to custom domain by updating DKIM and SPF record in my DNS. Now all the emails sent from service desk is delivered from the custom domain which i've given in service desk but they are pointing to junk after validating message header it shows as DMARC issue .
Can anyone suggest me on this ? 

1 answer

0 votes
Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 23, 2020

Hello @Tilak Kumar

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Per your description, I believe you are facing the behavior mentioned in the feature request below:

JSD Notification was not sent out due to failed DMARC. Add option to control the Reply-To: header in Jira Cloud 

It looks like DMARC is not compatible with the custom email address setting in Jira Cloud. DMARC explicitly check if the domain in the "From: header" matches those that pass in the DKIM-Signature: header, causing the e-mail to be rejected.

Unfortunately, Jira does cloud does not have the option to control the Reply-To: header.

Please, vote and watch the suggestion to increase its priority and also receive notifications about any updates.

As a workaround to the problem, Whitelist the IP ranges and domains listed in the following documentation:

Atlassian Cloud Ip ranges and domains

Use From: address the default <user>@<instance>.atlassian.net email address.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Tilak Kumar July 23, 2020

I understand and did whitelist mail id in my exchange and they are reaching inbox. 
Done this long back . Within the organization no issues but if i reply anyone from service desk i mean other domains that may point to their junk as per their policies. 

Petter Gonçalves
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
July 27, 2020

Hello @Tilak Kumar

In that case, you must provide the documentation so the users facing the problem can whitelist the Atlassian Cloud Ip ranges and domains in their respective domains too. Unfortunately, that's the only workaround for this issue at this moment.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Tilak Kumar July 27, 2020

@Petter Gonçalves Its simple solution for my case,
When email reaches my exchange server from service desk using custom domain as it doesn't validate or issue with DMARC and also email is being sent from service desk behalf of my custom domain now as per my exchange policies it is pointing to junk i just added a security rule to exempt one particular mail (Eg: helpdesk@myorg.com)
myorg.com will be your custom email which you set on service desk, that's it.

Now whenever services desk send an email to my org email server using custom email helpdesk@myorg.com my exchange receives it even if there is issue with DMARC it still accepts that email and delivers to inbox.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events