Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving emails from any Jira product or site

Matthew Hutchinson February 15, 2022

I initially have had an issue with receiving any emails from my own Jira desk however I have noticed this problem occurs on other customers Jira's when I am expecting automated replies to my tickets. 

I AM able to receive emails using 'Automation' so at present I have had to set up automated emails to come to me when either a ticket is opened or someone replies to me.

Summary:

My own jira test i am unable to receive any email notification

Customers' jira i am unable to receive any email notifications

I am able to receive emails from Automation rules

I have ran contact traces and there's no record of emails being sent to me from any Atlassian address except the Automation on my desk.

Any troubleshooting or guidance on this would be excellent. I am using the free version of Jira for my internal desk and therefore couldn't raise directly to support.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 15, 2022

Hello @Matthew Hutchinson,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Checking your email address on our tools, returned the following error:

550: 550 Unknown user 

Checking the domain, it returned four affected email addresses due to the same error.

I removed the bounces and the notifications should work now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Matthew Hutchinson February 18, 2022

Thank you, that worked! Do you know what caused this error?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 21, 2022

Hi @Matthew Hutchinson,

These errors are usually related to some mail server unavailability. In order to try to prevent this, you can ask your IT to whitelist our IPs and domains:

IP addresses and domains for Atlassian cloud products 

Kind regards,
Angélica

Matthew Hutchinson September 20, 2022

@Angélica Luz I have raised a few queries as this is still happening with certain people within my domain but no one replied. Could you check this again for my instance? I followed all guidance from before

Kieron Lea March 18, 2024

@Angélica Luz I am having the same issue here I believe, a contractor of ours has returned and is going to use their previous account on our Jira cloud instance, however password reset links and any emails related to their account are not going through to them, however if I create another account with another email for that user on domain, that is going through, so the issue seems to be related to something against that user? 

What can we do to resolve this as the user would like to retrieve their documentation and previous comments?

1 vote
Ravi Sagar _Sparxsys_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 15, 2022

Hi @Matthew Hutchinson 

Try one thing.

Go to this url: JIRAURL/secure/admin/NotificationHelperAdmin.jspa or System | Notification helper (under ADMIN HELPER).

Enter you username, issue key, select event and check if you are supposed to get emails.

Simple fix could be to add yourself to the notification scheme.

Ravi

Matthew Hutchinson February 15, 2022

Hi Ravi, thank you for your suggestion and fast reply, i really appreciate it.

I'm on the notification scheme to send an email to my user for all of the issues however still nothing is sent. As this is effecting other customer Jira sites too it's almost like my email is blacklisted

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events