Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving email notifications

Darren Friedrich December 29, 2021

I am setting up Notification scheme for a new project. They have requested the marketing team receive a notification when a new issue is created.

I have copied the default Notification scheme and applied it to the new project. I have then setup a new notification when a new issue is created the Marketing group is notified

image.png

image.png

I'm now testing. I've added myself to the Marketing Group.
Marketing have a JIRA form which creates an issue. I'm not receiving an email notifications.

I then tried to create an issue directly. Still not receiving an email. When I click the Notification Helper, it confirms I am meeting criteria for notification.

image.png

I tested adding a comment to an issue and I'm receiving notification email of that comment so my email is not blocked.

Thanks,

1 answer

1 vote
Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 29, 2021

Hi @Darren Friedrich

Welcome to the community!

The configurations look good from what you shared.  I was going to suggest to check the mail queue, but it has been disabled in cloud (https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/JRACLOUD-63889)

What I would do, is to put back the "reporter" on the notification scheme and see if they get it at least.  

Also check, the group again, if there is a wrong email address from the users, it may cause the notification to fail.

If the problem persists, I suggest you open a ticket with Atlassian Support directly.  

Good luck

Darren Friedrich December 30, 2021

Thank you.

I added reporter and that is working.

If I go back and remove reporter notification, should I still receive a notification if I create a new issue? That is I'm the reporter and I'm a member of Marketing group

Fabian Lim
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 30, 2021

Hi @Darren Friedrich

So this tells you there is something wrong with the marketing group.

Clean the marketing group and just add yourself only to the group.  Remove the reporter on the scheme.  And see if you get it.

Slowly add people one by one.  

If it works, please ensure you accept the answers.

Darren Friedrich January 3, 2022

Hi @Fabian Lim  due to holidays, I was unable to confirm with anyone in the marketing team whether they received the notifications of the issue creation. They did.

I believe there is a default notification setting which does not send a notification to the reporter of a new issue created? That is why I was not able to verify.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events