Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Not able to retrieve an insight field in issue automation

Edited

Hi there,

I am missing something when trying to pull an attribute of an object from Insight.

In the Software Objects there is an associated Queue name, which references a Queue object type.

The queue object has an attribute of Team in it also.

When an issue is created and a piece of software has been selected, I am trying to populate the queue name and team name in the issue.  I can populate the Queue in the issue exactly as I need but not sure how to refer to the attribute of Team.

I tried to edit this issue field 'Responsible Team' with this {{lookupObjects.Queue.Team}}, I tried this also {{lookupObjects.Queue.Team.Name}} but that didn't work either

being the ObjectType in the scheme of Queue and the attribute team, but alas I have made a mess of it.

For updating Queue this works fine - {{lookupObjects.Queue.Name}}

Looking at it in more details I can see why it isn't working, just not sure how to fix it.  In the automation I do a lookup object into the Assets ObjectType and it finds the software, Queue is part of the software and references another schema object 'People' where I have the meta data.  Queue is an ObjectType in People, where the queue Name is and Team is an attribute of Queue in the People Schema.

So I need to find the software in Assets, establish the queue then reference that down to People and the objecttype Queue in there to get the Team attribute.

Yeh, I am a little tangled.

What am I missing with my look up objects for the Attribute of 'Team' in the Queue object.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Solved this with a second inbound reference that I was missing back to the top level.

Here is what I am trying to achieve.

When someone picks a piece of software that in the Cloud Subscriptions object type as a reference queue I want it to display the queue Name in an Insight field as well as the Team Name in another insight field.

ObjectType = Queue and object HAVING inboundReferences(objectType = "Cloud Subscriptions" AND Key = {{customfield_10087}})

If I look in Team the inboundreference is Queue which is correct also, I just don't know how to pull the team name out for a reference from the Software - to the queue to the team.

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS

Atlassian Community Events