Not able to retrieve an insight field in issue automation

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 31, 2022

Hi there,

I am missing something when trying to pull an attribute of an object from Insight.

In the Software Objects there is an associated Queue name, which references a Queue object type.

The queue object has an attribute of Team in it also.

When an issue is created and a piece of software has been selected, I am trying to populate the queue name and team name in the issue.  I can populate the Queue in the issue exactly as I need but not sure how to refer to the attribute of Team.

I tried to edit this issue field 'Responsible Team' with this {{lookupObjects.Queue.Team}}, I tried this also {{lookupObjects.Queue.Team.Name}} but that didn't work either

being the ObjectType in the scheme of Queue and the attribute team, but alas I have made a mess of it.

For updating Queue this works fine - {{lookupObjects.Queue.Name}}

Looking at it in more details I can see why it isn't working, just not sure how to fix it.  In the automation I do a lookup object into the Assets ObjectType and it finds the software, Queue is part of the software and references another schema object 'People' where I have the meta data.  Queue is an ObjectType in People, where the queue Name is and Team is an attribute of Queue in the People Schema.

So I need to find the software in Assets, establish the queue then reference that down to People and the objecttype Queue in there to get the Team attribute.

Yeh, I am a little tangled.

What am I missing with my look up objects for the Attribute of 'Team' in the Queue object.

Thanks.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 1, 2022

Solved this with a second inbound reference that I was missing back to the top level.

0 votes
Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 31, 2022

Here is what I am trying to achieve.

When someone picks a piece of software that in the Cloud Subscriptions object type as a reference queue I want it to display the queue Name in an Insight field as well as the Team Name in another insight field.

ObjectType = Queue and object HAVING inboundReferences(objectType = "Cloud Subscriptions" AND Key = {{customfield_10087}})

If I look in Team the inboundreference is Queue which is correct also, I just don't know how to pull the team name out for a reference from the Software - to the queue to the team.

Capture.JPG

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events