Normal users can make internal comments, how do I separate that?

gcapdevila May 15, 2023

I have a Service Desk project in which customers can actually comment using internal comment instead of normal ones.
Of course, to maintain different communications with internal team and the customers I'd like to have that separated. I have been looking but see no option for this, what am I missing?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Dave Mathijs
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 15, 2023

Hi @gcapdevila

portal-only customer accounts are not able to comment internally as a Jira Service Management license is required.

If you customers have an Atlassian account and product access to Jira Software, then they are able to make internal comments on a Jira Service Management issue.

The only way to avoid this is not to grant them the Browse Projects permission for that service project (within the permission scheme, either via group or role).

gcapdevila May 17, 2023

Hey @Dave Mathijs

Thank you so much for your answer. It clarifies how it works and why this was happening. Unfortunately this doesn't solve my issue, but still it is really helpful.

Like Dave Mathijs likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events