Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Noob Question! Cannot figure out how to send email alerts to Agents.

Mitchell Jeppesen June 16, 2020

You would think this would be very simple and might be.

But I cannot for the life of me figure out how to have notification emails sent to agents of a project when a new issue has been created. 

All documentation and forum post's seem to be outdated and not relevant anymore. 

Is someone able to tell me how to simply have a alert email sent to all Agents of a relevant project when a new issue has been created.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 19, 2020

Hello @Mitchell Jeppesen,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

Just for a better understanding of the issue, I would like to know if you and your team are not receiving notifications only for Issue Created.

Is it working for other types of notifications, like, issue transitioned, comment added?

Also, by default, we don't receive notifications of our own changes, so if you are creating a ticket and you add yourself as the assignee of the same ticket, you won't receive notifications.

Regards,
Angélica

Mitchell Jeppesen June 24, 2020

Hi Angelica,

We aren't receiving any notifications at all. It defintely isn't getting stuck in our email server, as message trace isn't detecting it at all.

Is there some setting I am missing?

Thanks

Mitchell Jeppesen June 25, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

So bit of an update. I have created a Classic Service Desk Project as a test and got Notifications to work almost immediately via Notification Schemes. What would be the equivalent method for a Next Gen?

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 26, 2020

Hello Mitchell,

The configuration is basically the same. Of course, classic projects have more settings, but notifications should work normally for a next-gen one.

Have you confirmed if you are not using the same account for the reporter and assignee of a ticket on a next-gen project?

Please, check on Notifications > Customer notifications and Internal notifications if everything is enabled and the recipient is correct.

Mitchell Jeppesen June 28, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

So I have figured out that notifications are working for requests but not for issues. There doesn't seem to be anywhere where I can add notifications for issue tickets. See below photos where you will see only notifications for requests and no notifications for issues.

Is there any reason I can't add issue notifications?

Also just to add I am using a completely separate accounts for reporter and assignee.

Thanks for your help so far :)

Request-notifications.PNGadd-notification.PNG

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
June 30, 2020

Thank you for the details, Mitchell, but I'm not sure I understood.

Issues and Requests are the same, so I'm still not sure what type of notification you are not receiving.

The screenshot you sent is related to Agent notifications. These notifications will be received only by licensed users, in this case, the assignee and watchers.

If you go to Customer notifications, then it will show the notifications that the reporter, participants, or members of an organization will receive. 

Are you receiving notifications on the admin account or the customer account?

Mitchell Jeppesen June 30, 2020

Hi @Angélica Luz 

I am receiving customer notifications perfectly fine. But agent notifications I am not receiving unless the submitted ticket is a request. 

So the below example is a standard IT Service Desk (Next Gen) Template. The 3 circled issues when a ticket is raised will send the agent a notification. The other two won't send notifications. 

Requests-Issue.PNGThanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
July 1, 2020

Thank you for the information, Mitchell.

On Service Desk it's not possible to restrict notifications based on request types, so if you are receiving notifications for one request, you should receive for others.

Can you please confirm if on the tickets related to "Get IT help" and "Report an incident" if you are not a participant or part of an organization?

Also, check on your profile if you marked to receive notifications about your own changes:

Screen Shot 2020-07-01 at 11.31.50.png

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 16, 2020

Hi Mitchell, welcome to the Community. Have you looked under Notifications (project settings > notifications). Be sure that under the Create event that the role used for Agents is included.

Mitchell Jeppesen June 16, 2020

Hi I have just tried that. But unfortunately I am still not receiving the notifications. I have used Message Trace to ensure they aren't getting stuck in our exchange server. But there are no emails even reaching our server

Any other suggestions?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events