Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Non existing user

hristo.iliev August 24, 2021

Hi there,

Could you please advise why when I'm changing a user who is not working in the company, it is still appearing as automatic assignment in the attached request type ( hidden field )

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Hristo

image.png

2 answers

0 votes
hristo.iliev September 8, 2021

thanks a lot @Angélica Luz , i fixed it by update the post functions of the workflow, as you recommended.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 8, 2021

Hi @hristo.iliev,

I'm glad that I could help!

Hope you have a great day ahead.

Kind regards,
Angélica

0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 25, 2021

Hello @hristo.iliev,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

When a user is deactivated or deleted from a site, if they were set as default assignee, the field won’t be cleared, it will be necessary to update and select a new one. 

That being said, when clicking to edit the field, it will show the previous assignee, even if they were deleted, but once you select a new one, the search won’t show the deleted user.

It’s also important to confirm if this user is not set, for example, as the project lead and if the default assignee of the project is not the lead as well.

The Assignee field is something that can’t be set as visible in the portal, so it’s necessary to select a user.

Kind regards,
Angélica

hristo.iliev August 27, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz  , thank you for the answer. Could you please advise where I can enter to select a new user, as I changed it from Request type - > Request form - > Assignee - > Edit Value ( attached ) and when a I open a test ticket the assignee person is still the old one ( the non active one ).

image.png

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
August 27, 2021

Hi @hristo.iliev,

If after changing the default assignee on the request form still shows the user as the assignee, it means that there is another rule making this change.

Can you please check if the user is not set as the default assignee of the project? 

Please, go to Project settings > Details and confirm who is the project lead and the default assignee.

If that’s not where the old user is listed, please, check the post function on the workflow. Go to Project settings > Workflows > Click on Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 14.59.15.png to edit the desired workflow > Select the Diagram mode > Click on Create issue transition > Post functions.

Screen Shot 2021-08-27 at 14.59.42.png

On the post functions, confirm if there is one related to the assignee field and edit or remove it. After that, click on “Publish draft” and save the changes.

Another thing to test, in case there are no post functions, is the automation rules. 

Go to the Project settings > Automation. On this page, there is the Automation (former Automation for Jira) and the Legacy automation. Check all the rules to find out if any of them are changing the assignee.

Also, I can see that Dimitar has two accounts on your site and both are still active.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events