Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No users listed when try to add them as watchers in ticket

Deviprasad Marotu October 4, 2021

Hi Team,

We are testing out JIRA Service Desk platform and we are on trial version of 30-days. We were able to create and setup the SD queue and tickets are being created when anyone sends an email.

The problem which we are facing now is whenever we are trying to add watchers by entering the user name it doesn't populate the user name nor his/her email id. Its just blank Can someone help us on fixing this issue? I'm the JIRA admin.

Thank you in advance. 

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Hi @Deviprasad Marotu,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

You can only add users that have access to the JSM project as watchers. If the user you are trying to add as a watcher only have access to the project as a customer you can instead add them to the Request participants field. 

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Mikael Sandberg 

Thank you for your reply. Can you let me know on how to add user's to a JSM project as watchers..? Will that require licenses to be purchased..?

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2021

Yes, users that you want to add as watchers have to have either a Jira license, you can then add them as users in the project and they will be able to see the requests and add internal comments, or has to be an agent (JSM license). Request participants do not require that the user has a license, they just have to be added as a customer.

Hi @Mikael Sandberg ,

So we have around 200 employees (few belong to IT/Service desk) and I believe we need to have licenses for all of them in order for their id's to be eligible to be added as watchers to a specific ticket/tickets in a specific project/projects, (my project is Service Desk) ? And as new employees come in, we need to purchases licenses for them as well.  

Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 4, 2021

Correct, if all your employees have to be available to be added as watchers they would need either a Jira license or JSM license. If you want your watchers to be able to reply to the customer they have to have a JSM license, if they should only be able to add internal comments they need a Jira license.

I would recommend that you also take a look at using the Request participants  field as well, then you only have to add your users as customers, which does not require a license. It all depends on what you want your users to be able to do.

Thank you so much for your response's @Mikael Sandberg . :-) 

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events