Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No description field shown

Christian Knobloch February 17, 2021

Hi,

I noticed today that the "description-field" of every issue is no longer displayed in our Jira Service Desk.
In other words: The text, which the user enters when opening a ticket, is not displayed anymore . Working on those issues is not possible without this text.

I don't find any settings, which I can check. And it appeared over night. Can somebody please help me? 

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-17 um 11.01.29.png

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Daniel Ebers
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 17, 2021

Hi @Christian Knobloch

I saw another user reporting this on Commmunity yesterday. For them it went back to normal state after an hour.

Probably this was sort of a short incident - in case it is still not working as intended, let us know here.

Regards,
Daniel

Christian Knobloch February 18, 2021

Thanks for that information and have a nice day! 

0 votes
Anna Debono March 17, 2021

Hi all!

I am having the same problem with 6/7 of our Service Desks. The description field is no longer visible in the Customer Portal. The Request Type has been set so this is not what is causing the problem.

Agent View.jpg

Customer View.jpg

Any ideas what could be the cause?

Thank you in advance for your help!

Anna

0 votes
Christian Knobloch February 17, 2021

I solved this Bug by editing the "Description-field" in one Request Type. I set it to "required"

Bildschirmfoto 2021-02-17 um 11.36.15.png

I think its a bug. Your experiences would be interesting.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events