Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user not receiving invitation email

rodrigo_marques October 29, 2021

There's new user joined company and I invited him as what I did before. However, this time the new user hasn't received anything. I tried to resend in user management tab for several times, and he carefully checked all the mail boxes, there's no invitation mail.

It worked well days ago. And I don't think it's due to company mail server as we're using same company mail server and others can receive invitation mail before.

Any possible way to figure out what goes wrong?

4 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 1, 2021

Hello @rodrigo_marques,

Thank you for reaching out to the Atlassian Community!

Checking both of the domains from the users’ accounts on our tools, it returned the following bounce error:

550: 550 5.4.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: Access denied [CY1NAM02FT023.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [BN1NAM02FT050.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]  

I removed those bounces and the notifications should work normally now.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

rodrigo_marques November 1, 2021

Hi Angelica!

After removal, everything went fine

Thank's for your support.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Deshane Devenish November 2, 2021

Hi Angelica,

Are you able to assist with this same issue.

Thanks

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 3, 2021

Hi @Deshane Devenish,

Thanks for reaching out to Community!

I saw that Daniel already helped you on another thread regarding this issue.

If there is anything else we can do to help, please let us know.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Daniel Kaliner January 9, 2022

Hi Angelica, 

are you able to assist with this same issue. For one user the invitation is working. For another is not. 

Thanks. 

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 10, 2022

Hi @Daniel Kaliner,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

Checking the users of your Cloud site, I can see that there is your account and other two accounts from the same domain.

None of the other email address returns any blocks or bounces on our side and the notifications shows as delivered. 

Please, confirm with them if the emails are not in the spam folder.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Daniel Kaliner January 10, 2022

Hi Angelica,

after setting up our DNS-Entries all mails are delivered to the accounts. 

thanks 

daniel

rodrigo_marques January 19, 2022

Hi Angélica,

In November 2021 we had a problem sending an invite to a new member of our company.

The following error was found at the time:

550: 550 5.4.1 ...@... Recipient address rejected: Access denied [CY1NAM02FT023.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [BN1NAM02FT050.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

We are currently having the same issue to invite a new member of our team.

Sent notifications are not reaching your mailbox.

I believe it will be necessary to remove bounces for notifications to work normally.

Please, could you help me?

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
January 19, 2022

Hello Rodrigo,

I checked the domains and it only returned one email address on the bounce list, so I believe it’s from the new member you are inviting to the site:

550: 550 5.4.1 Recipient address rejected: Access denied. AS({hex}) [BN1NAM02FT048.eop-nam02.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I removed this bounce and the invite should be delivered now.

Kind regards,
Angélica

rodrigo_marques January 19, 2022

Hello Angélica,

Thanks for the quick response.

It's all right now.

1 vote
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Hi @rodrigo_marques,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

There was an active incident yesterday that affected email notifications for most of Atlassian's tools, not sure when you tried to invite the user. I would recommend that you check and subscribe to https://status.atlassian.com/.

Also, you may want to contact Atlassian Support, if the email bounces they will add that email address to a suppression list. 

Thank you Mikael Sandberg for your help.

My confluence account is free.

Can I get help from the support team?

Like Marjorie likes this
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 29, 2021

Okay, let me notify the support team that is here on the Community and they should be able to help you.

Like Marjorie likes this

tank's

0 votes
Memory Nia April 20, 2023

Hi @Angélica Luz i believe i may be having the same issue - do you think you can help? 

Memory Nia April 20, 2023

Actually i have resolved this :) 

0 votes
The Trinh March 21, 2022

Hi Team,

My colleague got same issues, Could anyone please check that: [Removed by moderators]

That's do not work for Bitbucket repo services.

Can I get help from the support team.

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
March 22, 2022

Hello @The Trinh,

Welcome to the Community!

Checking the email on our tools shows that notifications from notifications-noreply@bitbucket.org are being delivered correctly.

Maybe someone else already removed the bounces from the email address before I checked.

Please, take your time to test and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Angélica

The Trinh March 22, 2022

@Angélica Luz  Thank you very much for checked it. I have checked with my colleague that working back.

Thank you support team.

The

Jussara de Oliveira Franco July 21, 2022

Hi @Angélica Luz , how ae you?
I have the same issue. Could you please help?
Thank you!

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events