Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user not receiving invitation email

Brijesh Pathak August 9, 2021

we have a new user "Removed" who is not receiving invitation email from atlassian.

Earlier we have sent the invite that was blocked by our email filtering system which we resolved and now he is receiveing all external emails except invitation email from Atlassian.,

Seems this is blocked form Atlassian side when first invite did not work.

Can some one please unblock this address so that I can resend the invite?

Regards

Brijesh

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

Hi @Brijesh Pathak 

Did you release the original email to him?  If that is in his inbox, can he try clicking on the link in there?

Don't think there is a option for me to retrieve that email.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2021

Sorry, you said that you send the one that was blocked - did you release it from your spam filter so that it is in his inbox, or did the email from Atlassian not hit the spam filter?

Sorry block was a wrong word.. email was rejected by our email filtering system  so can't do anything  from my side.  Appreciate if some one can unblock from atlassian side so that invite can be resend.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

What happens when you try to resend from your Atlassian instance?

Nothing happens at all.. email is not going to recipient and not even not showing up on email filtering software. Seems email is not triggered from source itself.

Liam Green
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 9, 2021

Hi

As you've tried everything else, I've just tagged Atlassian in this - so hopefully they will respond quite quickly for you.

Thank Liam, I haven't heard back on this yet.

While I am awaiting response on this can you please add one more user to list is "Removed" same issue happening for him as well and seems ti's blocked now by Atlassian.

I really need to get this fixed ASAP. appreciate your quick response.

Regards
Brijesh

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Hi @Brijesh Pathak ,

I've just taken a look and found that a support engineer has cleared the email addresses you listed from our mail service's suppression list, based on the case you opened with Atlassian Support. I see at least one of the users was able to successfully open the email.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Community Support

Indeed.. this is resolved now.. thanks much champs for your help.. 

Going forward for such issues.. How can I get this done sooner? Is there a way I can do something from my side to resolve?

Cheers

Brijesh

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
August 9, 2021

Based on the error your organization's mail server returned, I would guess that the invites were sent before the mailbox setup was complete for these users. If that's the case (for example, if these are new employees), my suggestion would be to send a test email to the mailbox from an external address (such as a personal gmail account) to ensure the mailbox is ready to receive mail, before sending the Atlassian account invitation.

Hi Daniel.

Mailbox was created fine and was able to send/receive internal emails, but in order to send/receive external email we will have to add user to email security software (this part was missing, bythe time we fixed the issue someone already sent him invite which was rejected ) and then it was blocked by atlassian. 

While we make a practice to not to miss that step going forward, I am just thinking if this happens again, what's the best way for me to resolve this issue quicker?

Cheers

Brijesh

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
August 10, 2021

Looking at the timeline of your support case, it appears it was created just after 6pm local time (Eastern Australia) and resolved the next morning. The timeline met our established support offerings parameters for a Level 3 issue on Cloud Premium. If your working hours don't match the standard business day in the Australian Eastern timezone, you can select different working hours when creating the support case and it will be routed to a support center that more closely matches the working time you select.

Gustavo Benavides September 13, 2021

Hello guys, I have some similar issue with notifications, I'm try to invite a new team member but him doesn't receive email invitation, the email ia a gmail corporate account and it's the same domain as administrator user account.

Note: I checked spam folder before.

Note: No show me an error from atlassian cloud interface (I used resend invitation link and Invite team popup on Project option) only it saids: "Success"

Thanks a lot.

Daniel Eads
Atlassian Team
September 13, 2021

Hi @Gustavo Benavides , welcome to the Community!

I found two email addresses from your email domain on the list. They had returned this error to our mail service:

550: 550-5.2.1 The email account that you tried to reach is disabled

The entries have been cleared on our end; the next emails should send. Delivery will depend on the receiving mail server accepting messages to those inboxes at this point.

Cheers,
Daniel | Atlassian Support

Like Gustavo Benavides likes this
Gustavo Benavides September 14, 2021

Hello @Daniel Eads , thanks for your quick help. All things it works again. Cheers

Like Daniel Eads likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events