Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New user added in one Jira site got invited/was added to another Jira site

Mignonne Yap August 30, 2022

For some context, we have a few users on our Cloud site on a client project that was initially set up. The client has access to this project. They also have their own Jira cloud site where the team has been working on. We don't have site admin access to the client's Jira site.

Months later, some product settings have also been customized. For instance, the default user group jira-users have been removed from all our projects so that totally new users don't automatically and accidentally get access to restricted projects. I think someone was also able to set it up so that new Jira users do not get added to any Jira user groups by default.

This week, I added a new Jira user to our site. They hadn't logged in and were not in any user groups. The next day, the lead on the aforementioned client project informed us that the new member got added to the client Jira site.

The project lead got an email informing them that "{the new Jira user) has joined (client Jira site name)" and that they had access to Jira and Confluence.

We checked our Jira site and this new user still hadn't even logged in to our site and was not on any user groups.

How is this even possible? How do we prevent this from happening?

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Pramodh M
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

@Mignonne Yap 

Check the product access settings of client Jira site and there might be an option of approval of domain for users to directly join the site.

That might be one reason or even checking the org audit logs would even make it clear on Jira site

Hope this helps you for troubleshooting

You need to check on the client Jira site

Let me know if you have any queries

Thanks,

Pramodh 

Thanks for this! I'll let them know.

Like # people like this
0 votes
Victor Barros August 30, 2022

Hello @Mignonne Yap hope everything's good.

I will try to help you.

This seems weird and almost sure that is account issue. What you can do is remove this user for the instance first and then, try to invite again but ask him to open the e-mail invitation link in a different web browser only to guarantee that is any other possible connection linked on his browser.

Thanks, we'll check this out.

Like Victor Barros likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders