Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New "Record a video" button appearing in instance?

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 6, 2024

Hi all, I see a new button that allows for "record a video" on JSM, which seems to use loom which Atlassian bought at some point.

It was kind of a surprise to see, does anyone know where it comes from? I have no marketplace apps at all and I don't see anything under Features, so I have no idea how it got there?

Does it just appear for users who also have a loom account?

3 answers

2 votes
kweibelt June 10, 2024

How do we disable this? 

Baran Babur
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 11, 2024

You can click the button, click the 3 dots that appear and then click "not interested" and it should go away. This worked for me.

1 vote
Stephen.Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
June 7, 2024

@Calvin it's a new addition that was announced at Team 24, see https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/atlassian-acquires-loom and Transforming async collaboration with Confluence and Loom in https://www.atlassian.com/blog/announcements/the-next-era-of-jira 

Calvin
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 8, 2024

Thanks mate, good to hear I'm not going crazy that I saw it appearing. Do you know if there is anyway to enable/disable it?

Stephen.Lugton
Rising Star
Rising Star
June 10, 2024

Unfortunately I don't know

0 votes
Naomi Davison
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
June 19, 2024

How do i get it back without going through marketplace for a trial on Loom. Found it really handy to record videos without the added functionality Loom brings

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events