cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Forms translation

Peter Reiser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 28, 2022

How can we translate the new forms to the languages supported by a service management project ? 

As example

We have a Servicedesk in 

1. German (default)
  2. French

We create the new form in German and set the language of the form to German. 

How can we add a french translation for the SAME FORM

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Peter Reiser
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 14, 2022

Feedback from Atlassian

You can only set one language setting per form, but there is an imperfect workaround:

• Create multiple versions of your form (for example, one in German and one in French)
  • Create a choice question at the top of your form with the target languages. Then create conditional sections which include all of the form questions in each of the language options

This doesn't solve for error and validation messages, though. Currently only one language can be set per form.

:-(

Vincent Leblanc March 25, 2022

@Alex Lord FYI

Vincent Leblanc March 31, 2022
Like Alex Lord likes this
Gaber November 18, 2022
  • It would be a real work-around for end-users if we could add condition to show section based on client language!
  • All fields are duplicated so we can't set validation because hidden section's variables will block the validation!
  • By the way, Forms don't have attachment field

It is not user friendly! Is it still in beta? :(

Like # people like this
Vas Baskar
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2023

Hi @Peter Reiser @Gaber @Vincent Leblanc @Alex Lord @Benjamin Ruoff @Aliya from eyezon 

My name is Vas and I’m part of the Jira Service Management team.
I am happy to inform you that we are working on creating 'Multi-lingual Support' for Forms within JSM. Hence will be conducting some research sessions to gather feedback on this new feature. 

As a thank you for participating in the research, you'll receive a $100USD e-gift voucher. 

Click here to register your interest

Please complete the form and select a time in the next fortnight to join a 1-to-1 research session via Zoom. 

Your feedback is incredibly valuable and will have a very real impact on the decisions we make when building this feature.

Thank you,
Vas

Email: vbaskar@atlassian.com

Tia Theriault
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
January 3, 2024

Thank you Vas any news on when 'Multi-lingual Support' for Forms will be available?

Jan Westphal January 24, 2024

Hello @Vas Baskar

we are also very interested in this topic.

Is there a solution still in development or any news on this?

3 votes
Benjamin Ruoff December 12, 2022

I can´t believe it!

I had the exact same question atm and I can't believe Atlassian is releasing such a poorly implemented feature...

We already have the multi language options in the old request types and it's missing in it's replacement... That is not agile development what you are doing. 

Anyway, noone from Atlassian will actually care about this. Like the Sub-Domain Feature for the Customer Portals no one from Atlassian cares about. 

This is just frustrating. 

0 votes
Aliya from eyezon July 25, 2022

@Peter Reiser Hi! I very much liked your suggestion, but came across a complication - I cannot add "Summary" field in the conditional section, as it set Required by Jira and hence cannot be in the conditional section. I set first dropdown field to choose a language (Eng and Spanish), then I hid two forms under conditional. Could you specify what an I doing wrong? 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events