Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to reply using the email linked to the JSM project

Ayush Lawania January 4, 2024

Hey, 

I have created a JSM project and linked a email box (abc@gmail.com) to it in which we receive emails regarding our request, but whenever any notification is sent to customer it shows some other email address, I would like show all the responses sent from abc@gmail.com instead of <jira@nationalautocare.atlassian.net>, how can I achieve that.

2 answers

2 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Mayuresh Kamble
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania ,

You can go through this Documentation and see if it can help.

Regards,
Mayuresh

0 votes
Answer accepted
Rebekka Heilmann _viadee_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

Hi @Ayush Lawania 

Go to project settings > Notifications > Notification Email

and change it to your custom email adress.

Ayush Lawania January 4, 2024

I tried but with this we can only change the prefix, but i want to change the entire email address, I tried adding it to the incoming mail server but still I do not see the email address which I added.

Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 4, 2024

have you read the documentation @Mayuresh Kamble has provided as well?

Add custom email addresses for product notifications | Atlassian Support

To be able to sent emails from custom domains you need to add that domain to your Atlassian Organization. I guess that didn't happen yet.

Ayush Lawania January 5, 2024

that's a microsoft email address, how can 

i add it in domain, i do not want to add it as a domain, is there any other way?

The email address where we receive emails is this: fastsupport@apcoeasycare.onmicrosoft.com
I believe this should not be the case where I have to add it as a domain, that wont be possible right, we can not add each and every service management email addresses as domain.

Community Leader
Community Leader
January 5, 2024

fastsupport@apcoeasycare.onmicrosoft.com is an email adress.

apcoeasycare.onmicrosoft.com is the domain of that adress. That is the part you need to claim, if that is your companies domain. For instance, other Service Teams in your company would have

slowsupport@apcoeasycare.onmicrosoft.com
nosupport@apcoeasycare.onmicrosoft.com

and so forth. Your personal email adress should use the same domain?

If that is not the case, then your company doesn't have its "own" domain and it's going to be almost impossible to claim it in Atlassian anyway. If so, i would recommend switching back to Atlassian standard email adress to be consistent inbound and outbound.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events