Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need to know where automatic added comment origins from

Alexander Eck May 25, 2023

I want to stop an automated process that adds an internal comment on a Service Desk ticket once the linked development ticket gets resolved.

The comment probably originates from an automation that I set up. In the meantime I disabled and finally deleted the automation but the comment still gets added to the Service desk ticket (see screenshot below).
I can´t find any related audit logs that give me trail to the origin of this comment.
So my question is: How can I troubleshoot this issue and trace where the comment origins from? 

comment.jpg

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

Hi @Alexander Eck - Have you checked the workflow for a post function on that final transition?

Alexander Eck May 25, 2023

Good point. And yes I did check that but forgot to mention that. Here are the postfunctions for this specific workflow. 

Sometimes the explanation is not exactly clear to me but as far as I can tell these are standard and not editable:
comment2.jpg

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2023

It may be a global automation rule then.  Under issue details, take a look at Automation and click Rule executions.  It should show whatever rules have executed.  If you don't see it there, you may have to go on an expedition through the global rules here:

https://INSTANCE.atlassian.net/jira/settings/automation

Note - You need Jira Admin rights to view

Alexander Eck May 26, 2023

Thanks for keeping coming back to you.

And yes I already looked at the audit logs for global automations. But there are no log entires for the timestamp (25 May 2023 at 07:43) when this comment was added.

comment3.jpg

Mark Segall
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 26, 2023

One last thing that I always forget about... If you've been on cloud long enough, you may have a legacy automation in place.  On project settings there would be an option for legacy automation.  Take a look there and see if you have any old rules.

Like Alexander Eck likes this
Alexander Eck May 30, 2023

Here you go! There it was. Found the guilty one. Thanks a lot for your help!

comment4.jpg

Like Mark Segall likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events