Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need a way to create custom forms

Ardo Panian December 18, 2021

I was really hopeful with ProForma helping me create design presentable "forms" and then I learned it is no longer for JSM Cloud so now I am back to learning how to create forms and views for customers to submit tickets.

Does anyone have any advice on another add-on similar to ProForma that supports cloud?

3 answers

3 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 18, 2021

ProForma is being integrated into Cloud. I’m not sure what the rollout looks like but it is soon. 

Ardo Panian December 18, 2021

Really? I wish it would be soon!  We really got misled with our JSM implementation by a solutions provided that alleged they knew JSM.  They are gone, but I am committed to getting setup and using it.  The biggest issue is creating a good experience for customers... and the built in way is confusing to the untrained.

Does anyone know if there is an ETA in the integration of ProForma into Cloud?

Cody Stevens
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 18, 2021

Hey @Ardo Panian

If you take a look here you can see it's being rolled out now. Unfortunately, there is no ETA for when all sites will have this new feature but it is being rolled out!

Like Ardo Panian likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2021

@Ardo Panian , in the meantime if you can let us know what issues you currently are having with setting up the customer form we may be able to assist.

Ardo Panian January 3, 2022

@Jack Brickey I would like to have a form on in the customer portal for new employee onboarding that has specific fields, and also a way to inventory customers hardware and associate the endpoints with users, and simplify new purchase requests or inventory re-assignment.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

a couple of comments on this...

• first and foremost this will all be new to me so I will be learning as well here
  • it seems like you need Proforma for the form requirement AND the Insights integration for the asset management
  • one unknown for me is how will Insights work with Customers vs. licensed users
Like Ardo Panian likes this

I am boing told that Performa was acquired by Atlassian and it will be integrated with KSM cloud... I just don't know when.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 3, 2022

yes. in fact I mentioned this above. my most recent comment was about your additional requirement about tracking customer assets. This isn't part of Proforma but rather asset tracking as part of "Insights" integration which is only in Premium.

JSM Cloud Premium has Insight included. It is what I would like to use for the inventory information, but that seems like a whole other blackhole to figure out how to leverage it and if creating the CMDB inventory is manual or agent based (tbd).

Like Jack Brickey likes this
1 vote
Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 20, 2021

Hi @Ardo Panian 

As an alternative, you can try Forms for Jira developed by my SaaSJet team. It helps to create forms with the necessary fields(checkboxes, date, multi-choice, quizzes, etc.). You can add various fields to get a fully completed form

hope you find it helpful

@Zoryana Bohutska _SaaSJet_  I will take a look at this today.

I am trying the SaaSJet Forms but I think I need to read up a little more because I am missing the portion on how to use it in a ticket/request.

1 vote
Maura Swart
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 20, 2021

I don't know the timeline for full integrations of Proforma into core JSM, but we have been using Proforma in the cloud with our JSM projects for a couple years and it works well.  

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events