Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need Resolved tickets to show in portal with open tickets

Jerry Sullivan February 3, 2023

In our company, many of our tickets are opened by our Customer Service team on behalf of customers if they need to escalate the resolution to the IT staff.

When the IT Staff resolves the ticket, it goes back to the Customer Service person who opened it so they can verify the resolution and close the ticket.  This might require reaching back out to the customer to verify it is fixed.  If not, the ticket is re-opened.

The Resolved status tickets don't show automatically in the the portal since the portal defaults to Open tickets only.  I don't want to show all Resolved and Closed tickets either because that gets to be too much to manage as some tickets take longer than others to resolve.

It doesn't appear that I can get the Resolved status to show in the portal, even if I change the category of that status to In Process instead of Done.

Is there any way that I am missing to modify the portal to show open and resolved tickets?  Is my only option to modify the workflow and create another status prior to resolved that will return the ticket to the reporter?

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

The portal is looking at the Resolution field to figure out if the request should be shown as open or closed. So in order to show Resolved requests the resolution has to be set to None, so you should not have a transition screen when moving to Resolved that has the Resolution field on it. Instead you could add a circular transition that sets it if the customer says that it is resolved.

Mikael, thanks for the detail.  Things now make sense on what is is doing.  What would be the recommendation for where to store the actual resolution so that the data is easily identified in the future?  I'm assuming this approach would mean that the IT staff resolving the ticket would enter the fix details in a comment vs. the resolution screen.

2 votes
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 3, 2023

@Jerry Sullivan -

In addition to what @Mikael Sandberg mentioned, one can still access "Resolved" issues in the portal by using the status filter out of the box -

2023-02-03_11-01-43.png

Hope this helps too.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Thank you, Joseph.  I knew about this option and I'll see if I can get the team to open that and only check the Resolved box, not the Closed tickets box.  If they click Closed tickets then the Resolved and some open tickets get lost in the bigger list.  I was hoping to make the process automatic also vs having to select it each time they come into the window.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

@Jerry Sullivan -

As what was suggested by @Mikael Sandberg , it means that you will need to modify the existing WF, so resolution field is not populated when issue moves into RESOLVED status.  In addition, you can also setup validator for that transition step to required comments to be provided where your staff can enter in the fix details.  Afterward, you will need to customize the WF to create the circular transition + create custom pop-up window to track the the information where a customer agreed that the issue is resolved.

In my opinion, using the status filtering will be the simplest solution where no customization of the WF is required.  The possible drawback is that your team will have to be trained to properly use it to see the data.

Best, Joseph

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Joseph,  thank you for the follow up.  I was also leaning toward the training being the simplest solution and avoiding the circular transition and complexity.  We'll go that way and see how successful we can be with training.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
February 3, 2023

@Jerry Sullivan -

Excellent.  Feel free to reach out again if you need to go with the WF customization route and have more assistances/questions needed.

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events