cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Name of the person who is writing ticket

muhammad May 5, 2023

Hi all,

I have two questions!

1- Whenever I write a ticket using Jira cloud API, it comes with my name as a reporter because I'm using an AI token generated from my account.

05.05.2023_12.00.06_REC.png

Is there a way I can set a person name who is writing the ticket using JIRA API , just to clarify, the users in our platform who will be creating tickets are not in our Jira platform added, they can just create a ticket.

2- Whenever we communicate using comments on a ticket like a person on Jira added a comment and a person from our platform added a comment and only one name is showing their of that person whom api token generated from his account. Its very difficult to check what comment user added and what comment a Jira platform user added. is there a way we could differentiate it!!

05.05.2023_12.03.10_REC.png

1 answer

4 votes
Hana Kučerová
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hi @muhammad ,

welcome to the Atlassian Community.

In both cases there can be different users, you just need to add specific parameter to the request, reporter for the issue and author for the comment, see more here:

But in both cases the users need to be valid in your instance.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events