Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

My team can't access the help center portal

Funmi_Omotayo May 22, 2023

I have created a help center portal, invited people with permissions "service desk customers and service desk agents" but they cannot access the portal. It gives them this error below 

Screenshot 2023-05-17 at 1.58.16 PM.png

I am not sure what settings I need to update. 
At the moment only the project admins can access this portal. 

2 answers

0 votes
Funmi_Omotayo May 23, 2023

Hi Steve, 

Thank you for your response. The users I have added have the customers role and service agent under the permissions role. I added initially with just the customer role and when they received the same feedback added them as service agents too and it is still the same response 

0 votes
Steve Long -Evelon-
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 22, 2023

Hi @Funmi_Omotayo

This is probably the best doc to reference: https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/set-up-and-manage-portal-access/

I would check out what your customer permissions are set to first.

I suspect though, try adding the users to the Customers role within the project to fix this.

Hope that helps - Steve.

Funmi_Omotayo May 23, 2023

Hi @Steve Long -Evelon- 

Thank you for your response. The users I have added have the customers role and service agent under the permissions role. I added initially with just the customer role and when they received the same feedback added them as service agents too and it is still the same response 

Please do you have an update. My settings seems to be accurate

Leonardo Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 10, 2023

Hi, we are facing the same problem. It seems to only happen to users previously registered on Jira. For users that registered from the Help Center it works. @Funmi_Omotayo, did you manage to solve it? Thanks!

Funmi_Omotayo November 10, 2023

Hi Leonardo, 

I enabled the settings first as listed above also making sure I used a company setting to anyone that can access this board will be linked to a certain. domain and then invited the users to that particular board.

Go to the service management board > click on teams at the top > select invite people to Jira > add users. When adding you should see your company domain already appended so the user must have a valid email tied to that. After they have been added I believe an approval goes to the company Jira admin to approve (not sure if this applies to everyone but noticed this in my case) Once the admin approves, they are able to access the board. 

Leonardo Oliveira
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
November 15, 2023

Thank you very much, @Funmi_Omotayo! It worked now.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events