Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Field Selection to other field

TD April 4, 2024

I have a field (field A) that holds multiple selections and field B that holds the same list but is a multi group selector. What happens, is I have an automated task that changes field B to the same selection that was selected in field A.

The problem is, when field A has more than 1 selection it does set both selections in field B. Field B is not available for users to select during ticketing creation. It always sets it to "Hidden" and requires setting the group before hand.

How can I allow 1 and/or multiple selections from field A to be set in field B?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
TD April 10, 2024

I figured it out but my solution may not work for most individuals who have 100+ multiple groups.

Fields:

Group = Group Picker (multiple group selection) <- this field is naturally hidden from the customer portal

Group Selection = Select List (multiple choice)

I had to create a separate multi selection filed in which I manually put in the names of my groups. Customers will see the "Group Selection" field in the customer portal. From there they can select as many groups as are listed.

Within the Automated settings I created the following automation rule:

Trigger = Field value changed

->Fields to monitor for changes "Group Selection"

->For "Create Issue", "Edit Issue", "Transition Issue" or "Assign Issue"

Then: Edit Issue Fields = Choose Fields to Set "Group"

->Group "{{customfield_10408.Value}}

The custom value will allow multiple groups to be set within the ticket. Now with my Group field populated I can set filters and ticket assignments based off of those groups. The issue is, if I were to get or remove groups I would have to update two values: the group itself in User Management and the customfield_10408 selection field.

I also selected all of the values ("Create Issue", "Edit Issue", "Transition Issue" or "Assign Issue") so if a manager needs to change which group gets assigned (assuming customer was wrong in their selection) it will automatically update the Group field as well. This way, any other automated rules or filters made that rely on the Group field will not be disrupted. 

John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 13, 2024

This sounds good TD. Can you share a screenshot of the actual rule? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events