cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple Approval Groups - approver per group

Ste404
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 3, 2022

Hi there,

I am not at all sure if this is possible but I will ask anyway.

I have an approval process that accepts multiple groups in the approval step.  Is there a way that the approval process has to take 1 person per group to approve a ticket before it can transition to the next step.

I have it setup to say 1 person from each group needs to approve and that works fine, BUT if the person who approves the request is in both groups (if there were two selected in this case) it treats the approval as both being approved and the ticket transitions.

This may be incorrect as a group represents different elements in the ticket.  Even though a person is in group A and group B, they might not want to approve it from the group B perspective.

Is there a way to stop this behaviour?  So basically if the person is in two groups and they are going to approve they need to approve it twice (per group).

3 answers

1 vote
Andrew Laden
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 13, 2022

Take a look a Herzum Approvals

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1211763/herzum-approval?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

I think it can do what you want. (caveat, I use the on prem verison, not the cloud version. so I cant be sure of how it behaves but it should be similar.)

1 vote
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 3, 2022

Hi @Ste404 ,

Good question. As far as I'm aware, this has been the design. As long as the designated approver approves, it doesn't matter the which numbers of group is represented. The approval is associated to the approver and not actually the group they are from. 

Maybe worth searching in the Atlassian marketplace to provide that next level of approval where the system is cross checking user and group combination.

-Ben

0 votes
John Funk
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 4, 2022

Hi Steven,

Is the person selected from each group to go into the Approvers field random? Or is there something in the ticket that would tell you which person to select? 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events