Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Celebration

Earn badges and make progress

You're on your way to the next level! Join the Kudos program to earn points and save your progress.

Deleted user Avatar
Deleted user

Level 1: Seed

25 / 150 points

Next: Root

1 badge earned

Collect

Participate in fun challenges

Challenges come and go, but your rewards stay with you. Do more to earn more!

Challenges
Coins

Gift kudos to your peers

What goes around comes around! Share the love by gifting kudos to your peers.

Recognition
Ribbon

Rise up in the ranks

Keep earning points to reach the top of the leaderboard. It resets every quarter so you always have a chance!

Leaderboard

Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Multi Organisation and knowledgebase permissions

Hello community,

I am testing Jira Service Desk for multi customer approach. Currently i have setup 1 project and created multiple organisations, where i can group the customers.

So far so good.  Now i'm creating Knowledge base articles. This works also fine. The customer can see the knowledgebase articles.

Some customers need specific knowledge base articles, that I don't want other customers to see.

i can't figure out if it's possible to give permissions based on organisations. Like this:

- knowledgebase articles for all organisations

- knowledgebase articles for organisation A

- knowledgebase articles for organisation B

- knowledgebase articles for organisation A + B

PS: I am using external customer accounts.

thanks for guiding me.

Tom

3 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted

Hi @Tom De Coninck and welcome to the Community!

You cannot restrict access to a subset of articles from the knowledge base to JSM organisations. The way knowledge base articles are displayed is pretty open, as you may have learnt from your initial setup experience.

If you want separate content for your customers, that would require you to split up your Service Desk into separate portals (JSM projects) by customer, that you can then use to link separate knowledge bases to. Luckily, it is possible to link more than one Confluence space to a JSM project as KB, so you can still keep a central repository for your generic content and separate spaces for restricted content.

This obviously has implications to how you manage tickets across the board as well, so it is important to validate whether you really have to offer KB content specifically for every customer separately. For the content that is customer specific, you may restrict pages in your KB space so they are only visible to internal team members, so they can still use the content to lookup and provide answers to customers in that specific situation.

Hope this helps!

0 votes

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for reply.

I've been on those pages.. Still, I can't find out how I can manage what I want to achieve. Probably the question was not clear enough. Let me try again.

In Jira Service Desk

I have 1 Jira Service Desk Project. Under this project I have created multiple customers under Project -> Customers. These customers are grouped in Organisations.

In Project -> Project Settings -> Knowledgebase I have created 1 linked space.

In this location I can only give 'view' permission to the 'All logged-in Users' group.

Maybe I can give permissions 

In Confluence

In confluence I have no options to give certain pages access to a Jira Service desk 'Organisation' or Jira Service Desk users.

Probably because the customers and organisations are not known in confluence as users or groups?

Then I was thinking to link multiple spaces to 1 Jira Service Desk Project. Hoping i could give 'view' permission to a specific Organisation. But there is no option to give organisations permissions here. Only 'All logged-in Users' group.

Thanks again,

Tom

0 votes

@Tom De Coninck -

Hi Tom:

Welcome to the community.  I am assuming you are using Confluence as the source for your KB articles against your JSM project.  Take a look at the following links -

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/restrict-access-to-knowledge-base-articles/

https://support.atlassian.com/jira-service-management-cloud/docs/manage-knowledge-base-permissions-from-your-service-project/

Access to articles can be further restricted on the Confluence end.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

@Tom De Coninck -

Thanks Tom for your additional information.  Are your Confluence setup in your Cloud env under the same company where your JSM site base URL is the same - https://xxxxx.atlassian.net?

Best, Joseph

Suggest an answer

TAGS

Atlassian Community Events