Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Moving (Cloning) an Issue Within Sandbox Projects

Alex Thousand May 5, 2023

Alright, so what I am trying to do is to test a bit of automation in our sandbox before I move it to production. The automation I am testing is cloning an issue from project A once it is created to another project called "project B". So far, I am fairly successful within that automation. Except, the cloned issue that was "moved" from project A to project B will not trigger a separate automation within project B. I have that automation attempting to change the request type of that cloned issue in project B.

I have attempted to use the automation triggers "When an issue is moved" and "When an issue is created". Neither have been triggered when this cloned issue was created. Is there a limitation to the sandbox? Or am I misunderstanding how the automation triggers work?

Below are screenshots of the automation I have created:

2023-05-05_10-40-49.png

This is the automation in project A that is cloning the initial issue. This works.

2023-05-05_10-41-03.png

This is the automation in project B that is attempting to set the request type of the cloned issue. This is not triggering.

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Trudy Claspill
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2023

Hello @Alex Thousand 

In the automation set up in Project B on the Rule Details page there is a checkbox to allow/disallow the rule to be triggered by actions executed in other rules. That needs to be unchecked for the rule to be triggered by actions from other rules.

Screen Shot 2023-05-05 at 9.48.45 AM.png

Also, I think you should be using the Issue Created trigger.

Alex Thousand May 5, 2023

That worked! Thank you! 

Like Trudy Claspill likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events