Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Movement of cards only when checklist is complete

Naveed Ahmed December 18, 2021

I have a board with 5 lists in it.

I have automated creation of cards, movement of cards from 1 list to another, created buttons etc.

I would like to enable movement of cards only when items in a checklist have been checked, is this possible using Butler or any other automation power up

3 answers

1 vote
Olena Brazhko_Railsware_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 23, 2021

Hi @Naveed Ahmed 

You can control the movement of Issues with the Smart Checklist for Jira. Pro by setting the Automation Rule to only move the Issue to the next state when all checklist items are completed. Read more here

There is also a Smart Checklist for Jira. Free option available.

And whenever you need help - reach out to smartchecklist@railsware.com.

Best,

Olena

1 vote
Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2021

Hello @Naveed Ahmed,

You mention Buttler which suggests that you work with Trello.

However, given the fact that your question is labeled with a `jira-service-desk-cloud` tag, and our competitors advertised their solution, I would like to mention our app too.

You can use Issue Checklist Free or Issue Checklist Pro to block moving cards if the checklist is not complete. 

You can read more in our documentation and reach us with questions here

Cheers,
Jack

1 vote
Ewa Grabowska-Ptak_SolDevelo_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 21, 2021

Hello @Naveed Ahmed ,

Have you considered using a marketplace addon for your Checklists creation? Our Multiple Checklists for Jira app allows you to set validators to your Jira issues.

For example you can restrict transition of Jira issue in case when not all checklists items are done:

validator_items.png

or restrict transition for checklists without status set:

Checklists status validator.gif

You can also set those validators for all checklists or only for lists with specific titles.

Please feel invited to check it out in our free trial, in case of any questions, I'll be happy to assist you just contact us here.

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events