Move email to other folder after issue is created in email requests

Evert Morren October 14, 2021

In my Service Management project, I've entered an email address to the email requests so that when someone emails to that address, Service Management will create an issue. Once an issue is created, the email is flagged as read.

I am looking for an option to move the email to another folder.

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Hi @Evert Morren 

I've recently faced that thing with a client of mine. We've set up 3 different email handlers. Whenever Jira read the email, the email client automatically archived it. This has to do with how gmail was setup, and had nothing to do with Jira. The solution we came up with and we followed was to add a couple of labels and set up the email handlers to parse emails from inside a folder/label. That was really helpful.

Evert Morren October 14, 2021

Hi Alex, we are using Microsoft 365 instead of gmail. What do you mean with the labels?

Alex Koxaras _Relational_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 14, 2021

Gmail treats folders as labels, or vice versa. In your case you will have folder and not labels. My best guess would be to move all new emails to one folder (not the main) and use that folder in the imap settings. For sure you have to test it prior of using it.

Evert Morren October 25, 2021

Hi Alex, Thanks for answering.

0 votes
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
October 17, 2021

@Evert Morren 

If you are using Office 365 just create a rule that moves the emails to a new folder once they are read.  https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/manage-email-messages-by-using-rules-c24f5dea-9465-4df4-ad17-a50704d66c59

Evert Morren October 25, 2021

Hi Brants, thanks for answering, works well.

Regards.

Like Brant Schroeder likes this

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events