Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Move case to another service desk

Marek March 22, 2023

Agents in IT service desk are unable to move case(s) to another service desk. IT agents are not agents in the other service desk.

What permission(s) I need to change in order to allow IT agents ability to move Jira cases to different service desk(s)?

Thanks,

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

Hello @Marek 

Thanks for posting to the community, let's try to solve it.

• Are the service desk projects on the same instance?
  • Normally, the service desk people need to be part of a role. Check your available roles under Cog wheel > System > Project Roles
    Personally, I find it easiest to create a group and assign that group to the role via Project Settings > People
  • You need to make sure that the selected role has sufficient permissions to work on the project. You can check the available permissions under project settings > Permissions. If you need to change the scheme, you can do so under Cog wheel > Issues > Permission schemes. 

Make sure that the role / user have at least the Browse Project and Create Issues permissions. 
    Also make sure that the role / user has Move Issues permissions in the originating project.

Is this something you can work with? Please let me know if you run into any problems or have additional questions.

Marek March 22, 2023

Both service desks are on the same instance; however, IT agents do not have access to the 2nd service desk and cannot be granted agent access to it.

I like the idea with creating a new group but I' not sure what permission that group will need to have to be able to move cases to that 2nd service desk but unable to view/edit/delete cases in that 2nd project.

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 22, 2023

They need the Move issues permission in the 1st project

Then they will need the create issues permission in the 2nd project. That should be enough to allow your agents to move the issue.

If that doesn't work for you, you can create an automation to do the lifting for you. Just make sure the user rights for the automation are set correctly (most of the time the "Automation for Jira" user already has enough permissions) and have it trigger on a status change.

Create a new status "Move to project x" for example and let the automation either clone, move, or re-create the issue in the other project.

That way, your users don't need to be granted additional permissions and you can still get the functionality that you want.

Marek March 24, 2023

Agents already had Move Issues permissions in the 1st project and all I had to do is to grant those agents the Create Issues permissions in the 2nd project.

Thank you for all your help :-)

Paul Wiggers
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2023

Good to hear! Sometimes the small things can keep you searching for hours.

Enjoy your weekend!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events