Mouseover a custom field

Andre Cederholm Nilsson October 12, 2020

Hi everyone!

My question is about creating mouseover text in Jira Service Desk in the Cloud version.

I know from searching that you can do this, but I am not able to get it to work.

The team has created a requestform and we want to have a pop-up or mouseover text on a custom field. But we don't know how to exactly do it.

Can anyone help us with this?

Or is it not possible?

Best regards

André

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

I think what you want is managed here - project settings > request types > request form tab. Here you can edit the help text.

thank for your answer, I was looking for a solution that made it possible to hav mouseover text or a popup as the help text but maybe this is not possible due to XSS vulnerability on the site.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 12, 2020

sorry so you are wanting mouse-over pop up for the portal? AFAIK this is not supported. The help text will appear under the custom field. The same applies for w/in the app. You indicated that you have found references to being able to to this in the Community. Can you share an example?

Yes for a specific field within the portal or more within a requestform.

this was one of the links that I found:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-questions/how-to-create-hover-over-texts-for-custom-fields/qaq-p/972987

We will try to use only the help text as it is.

Thank you for the answer :)

Abrar Ali June 27, 2021

@Andre Cederholm Nilsson 

Any luck with  pop-up or mouseover text on a custom field?

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events