Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing values when creating an issue

Lina March 17, 2022

Hi there,

One of our agents has a problem where the issues they create are missing the request type and organizations. When they create an issue, there's no option the fields are missing from the creation screen altogether - even though they show for other agents. 

We ruled out user permissions, as they have the same as everyone else. Does anyone know what might be causing this?

Thank you!

example.jpg

2 answers

0 votes
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 18, 2022

@Lina you should do what @Craig Nodwell suggested.  Technically agents should be using the raise request function in the service desk.  This allows them to raise a request in the service desk on behalf of someone else instead of creating the issue using the create button in Jira.

Lina March 23, 2022

Hi @Brant Schroeder ,

Thanks for your reply! I tried out Craig's suggestion, unfortunately this agent has the same role/group assignment as me, so I'm not sure why they specifically can't view/change things.

Is there any way for them to edit request functions inside of the service desk?

Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 23, 2022

Have you tried the permission helper to see if there is anything different between the two users on the same issue https://support.atlassian.com/jira-cloud-administration/docs/use-the-jira-admin-helper/

Like Craig Nodwell likes this
0 votes
Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 17, 2022

Suggestion:
Check Project Role or Jira Group assignment, and/or if there's a workflow condition or maybe a screen behavior from a 3rd party app.

Lina March 23, 2022

Hey @Craig Nodwell

Thanks for your reply - I checked the project role/group assignment, and this person has the same roles as me. That was what confused me as I have access to change everything.

I don't believe we have any workflows or 3rd party apps.

Craig Nodwell
Community Leader
Community Leader
March 24, 2022

Have the other user check their field configuration settings, maybe they've clicked off the viewing of those fields in their personal settings.  

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events