cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Missing "Alert created" automation trigger

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2023

I was reading a product update titled New automation action: Create incident which has the following description, link to documentation, and accompanying screenshot.

When this action is executed, an incident of selected request type will be created in the selected service project on Jira Service Management. For example, you can use this action to create a new incident when an alert is created and meets certain criteria.

You'll also have the option to link the alert with the new incident, and to avoid creating a new incident if the action has already created an open incident of the same type in the project.

Learn more about the create incident action.

JiraAutomation-CreateIncident.png

I wanted to test this new action by creating a similar rule to the one shown in the screenshot. The problem is I can't find any Alert created triggered, at the project or global automation level. The Alert created trigger is also missing from Atlassian's documentation on Jira automation triggers.

Am I crazy or doing something wrong? Has anyone seen or used this Alert created trigger? Is it a new trigger that hasn't been released yet?

2 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2023

@Connor -

Hi Connor:

Out of the box, the Alert created trigger is based on Opsgenie setup.  Based on my experience  - You cannot use this trigger outside of Opsgenie in automation rule design if you don't have Opsgenie for your env.

Here is a reference link on Opsgenie/JSM integration - https://support.atlassian.com/opsgenie/docs/integrate-opsgenie-with-jira-service-management/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Technology Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Connor
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 9, 2023

Hi Joseph, we're using Jira Service Management Premium which has Opsgenie bundled with it. I'm familiar with the article you linked, except we have JSM and Opsgenie integrated using the new cloud integration described here.

Have you actually seen or used that Alert created trigger within Jira automation before?

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 9, 2023

@Connor -

Unfortunately, I have not.  You may want to reach out to Atlassian Support (https://support.atlassian.com) for further information on this trigger.

Sorry.

Best, Joseph

0 votes
Makarand Gomashe
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 28, 2023

Hi @Connor 

Thank you for calling this out! The Alert Created trigger is still under development. I don’t have a timeline for when it will be available, but when it is we will share it here on Community.

In the meantime, we’ve updated the product update and screenshot.

Thanks,
Makarand
PM, JSM

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Product Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders