Minimum Time Tracking Automation

Colin Porter March 29, 2023

I'm hoping someone in the community here will be able to help with an automation rule I'm struggling with.

Our SLA states we assign a minimum of 15 minutes per issue, and I want to automate it so that if our agents have logged less than 15 mins in total at the point the issue is marked resolved, it will automatically add the difference.

I added an 'if' check first to only look for issues with less than 15m tracked.

Then I've created a variable using the below smart value (and have tried all different variations without success):

{{#=}}{{15m - timespent}}

Any advice on where I'm going wrong would be greatly appreciated :)

logwork.pngsmartvalue.png

1 answer

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 30, 2023

Hi @Colin Porter

I think you're close to the correct solution. Check out this solution - it worked when I tried to recreate your use-case.

autofill worklog.png

Let me know if that works for you.

Cheers,
Wojciech.

PS. You might be interested in our App, Clockwork, which has the option to round worklogs created using timers (started and stopped either automatically based on the current status category or manually with a press of a button) that run for less than 15 minutes to 15m exactly.

Colin Porter March 31, 2023

Wojciech, you legend!

That has done exactly what I needed!

Thank you very much, really appreciated.

I did consider an app, but at this stage I wanted to keep some control over different statuses and workflow options to see how it plays out with our clients.

Once again, thank you :)

Wojciech Wardaszko _HeroCoders_
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 31, 2023

I'm glad I was able to help :)

Feel free to ping me if you need help with other automation rules - I love playing with those!

Cheers!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events