Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from one jira cloud to another

Lee Hughes February 16, 2021

Hi

I have two instances of Jira cloud and I wish to migrate my next gen project from one instance to another 

So I complete the jira inbuilt back process. downloaded the zip file and then tried the import wizard and I get this error message

An error occurred during the import process.

Import again with a different backup file or get in touch with our support team. Include the steps you followed, along with any unique characteristics of your Jira setup.

• Error importing data: cloud.atlassian.logmon.laas.api.PrivacySafeException: Privacy-safe boxing of a com.atlassian.jira.bc.dataimport.identity.UsersImportService$WrappingCrowdException

it fails here.  Any ideas?

SUCCESSProcessing your Jira backup
SUCCESSProcessing your Jira and plugin data
SUCCESSUpdating the database
SUCCESSImporting attachments and avatars
FAILEDSynchronizing users and groups
NOT_STARTEDActivating Jira

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Lee Hughes February 23, 2021

@Angélica Luz - All sorted, no data loss.  Support managed to remove the lock on the browser

1 vote
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 17, 2021

Hello Lee,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

I can see that you are using a Free site where the number of available licenses is limited to three for Service Management and 10 for Software, so the error you are facing might be related to this.

You can edit the entities.xml file to set users as inactive. Please, let only your account and the sysadmin account as active. 

On the entities.xml, users will show as the example below:

<User id="12345" directoryId="1" userName="user" lowerUserName="user" active="1" createdDate="2018-12-13 19:41:47.381" updatedDate="2018-12-14 19:41:45.769" firstName="User" lowerFirstName="user" lastName="User" lowerLastName="user" displayName="User" lowerDisplayName="user" emailAddress="user@domain.com" lowerEmailAddress="user@domain.com" credential="nopass" deletedExternally="0" externalId="123456:a78901b2-c34d-56e7-f8g9-0h1i2j345k67" localServiceDeskUser="0"/>

You can change "0" on "active", so their account will be imported, but as inactive.

After changing the information, save the file and zip it again to import to Cloud.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Lee Hughes February 17, 2021

Many thanks @Angélica Luz 

Is there a way to just undo what I did?  I think I imported in error and dont wish to affect existing site

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 18, 2021

Hi Lee,

One of the last steps of the migration is the import of users and groups. It means that the site was already wiped. 

I can see that you created a ticket with our support and they are already helping you with this request. Through the ticket, they can access your site in order to help you with the migration.

Like Dario B likes this
Lee Hughes February 18, 2021

@Angélica Luz .  Crap I was hoping we could roll back and save site.  I have imported the wrong site on top of the site

Like Angélica Luz likes this
Lee Hughes February 23, 2021

@Angélica Luz  - All sorted, no data loss.  Support managed to remove the lock on the browser

Like Angélica Luz likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events