Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration from Jira Software Project to Service Management - Setting up customers

Thomas July 25, 2021

We have started to migrate the first live projects from Server to Cloud and then moved tickets into 3 new ITSM projects.
So far this has worked well but I am having some trouble setting up the customers:

• all tickets are available/visible in the new ITSM projects
  • all users have been migrated and are set up as site users (no site access given due to licensing, many of them should not be site users but become customers)
  • we have not cleaned them up/deleted them as my understanding was that we'd lose their history
  • all tickets are still assigned/reported by the original users
  • adding users as customers (1910 email addresses) is behaving strange:
    • I get confirmation that all were processed but I can only see a max of 250 users. Searching any user in my list (top, mid or end) will list that user (but 0 requests, which is the case of all of them).
    • Searching for a specific email domain will list 20 users but there are 127 with that domain in my email address list which I added.
  • users appear not to have received an invitation link

My feeling is that this is down to the users still being in our site and that we need to remove them first, before inviting them again as Service Management customers.

However, they must have access to their old tickets which they created prior to the migration.

I think I am missing a crucial step here but cannot find out what it is.

I have raised a support request with the migration team, but maybe some here has the answer already ;)

Cheers,
Thomas

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Brant Schroeder
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 4, 2021

@Thomas Were you able to get an answer to your question?  I am interested in what the solution was.

Thomas August 4, 2021

@Brant Schroederyes, but there were a few steps necessary:

• Atlassian needed to remap the user's issues and clean them up from our site in order for them to join/sign up as customers.
  • All issues moved into the new ITSM project needed to be updated with a "request type" as otherwise they are not visible for customers in the customer portal.
  • After signing up the users could see their issues.

With regards to the bulk invitation, there appeared to be a "rate-limiting error" which Atlassian had to resolve (not sure if this is system-wide or only for our instance though). This prevented us from inviting a large number of users and should now work. They imported all users for us, so I could not test/verify this.

There is a visual bug on the "customers" UI which will only show 5 pages / 250 customers and also the search is buggy only returning some of the customers found. This is known for some time but not scheduled to be fixed (JSDCLOUD-9376). Of course, this makes it hard to troubleshoot any issues with adding customers...

I hope this helps!

Like # people like this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events