Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from old service template to new one

Jason Selby August 25, 2021

How many people have migrated from the old service template to the new one and what issues have you had? My major concern is being able to access old tickets and resources from the old template. Any information on your experiences would be much appreciated

1 comment

Patrick Haley August 25, 2021

We migrated over to the new JSM template. We mostly started from scratch adopting the new workflows. Be careful with some of the fields you add to request forms. For example, I added the Affected Services field without realizing that it wasn't available for customers and they weren't able to raise requests. I only migrated the open issues in our queues from the old project to the new one. We decided to leave the old one in place for archival purposes. I wasn't planning on migrating those issues because we have a lot of other documents/resources and external systems that reference those issue keys. However, Atlassian creates a URL redirect from the old key to the new key if you move the issues to the new project. So it works pretty well.

I spent a lot of time configuring every little setting. If I did it again I would just notify our users of the change, use the default settings and just configure settings as needed. 

Like Jason Selby likes this
Jason Selby August 25, 2021

Thanks Patrick. That is really insightful, i am assuming that archiving the old project means that you can still access old tickets if necessary?

Patrick Haley August 25, 2021

Yep. I didn't actually archive it, but rather adjusted the permission scheme so it doesn't appear on the customer portal. Admins and Service Desk Agents can still toggle to the project as needed. 

Jason Selby October 11, 2021

@Patrick Haley  - Hi Patrick, i cant find where i permission the customer portal, can you let me know where this is?

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events