Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating from Server to Cloud: SSO?

Jason Freeze July 24, 2022

We just purchased a subscription to JSM Cloud.  We currently use the Server version of JSM. 

We have about 300 employees.  10 employees are agents in JSM Server; the remainder are JSM customers.  All 300 employees login via SAML against a single Azure AD tenant.

I am trying to do the exact same in JSM Cloud.  But I am reading that you can't get customers to login via SAML/Azure AD?  Is this true?  Do we need to just get our money back and stick with the on-prem version of JSM?

2 answers

2 votes
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 24, 2022

@Jason Freeze -

Welcome to the community.  To use your own IDP (SAML/Azure AD) for SSO, you will then need to purchase Atlassian Access subscription for your internal non agent on top of your subscription for JSM Cloud.  NOTE - Depends on your JSM Cloud subscription tier, if it is Enterprise, then Atlassian Access is included.  Otherwise, a separate subscription of Access is needed.

Here are the links on Atlassian Access - 

https://www.atlassian.com/software/access

https://support.atlassian.com/security-and-access-policies/docs/understand-atlassian-access/

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Ananjan_miniOrange May 8, 2023

Hi @Jason Freeze 

I am ananjan from miniOrange.

We have got a solution, SSO Integration with Helpdesks which can possibly cater to your requirements. Just check it out once and feel free to let us know!

For more information, you can raise a ticket here or contact us directly at atlassiansupport@xecurify.com. 

Regards,

Ananjan Mishra. 

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events