cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Microsoft Azure resources integration with Jira Assets

Patxi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 11, 2024

Is there any direct way of integration between Microsoft Azure and Atlassian Assets in Jira Cloud version?

I have seen that there is a plugin in Atlassian Market but it is not available for the cloud version...  

Any availability forecast for this functionality in the Atlassian roadmap?

image.png

Thanks in advance,

1 answer

0 votes
Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 11, 2024

Hi Patxi,

We use this app in marketplace:

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1230198/azure-ad-microsoft-entra-id-importer-for-jsm-assets?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

It's very, very good.  The examples it has in the documentation were perfect, and we were able to import and keep in synch our Azure AD to Jira Assets.  We populate line managers in workflows and pull in the record details for the reporter right into the JIra issue.

I don't know of a free integration, but perhaps someone else does.

Hope that helps,

Susan

Patxi
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
April 15, 2024

Hi Susan,

Thanks for the reply,

Yes, I had seen that integration but from what I saw, it was oriented to Azure Entra Id (Users, Groups, ...)  and not so much to the synchronization of Azure resources (VMs, Resource groups, KeyVaults, Storage Accounts, etc...)

Any ideas to achieve this integration? Using Assets REST API?

Thank you,

Susan Hauth _Jira Queen_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 15, 2024

Hi Patxi,

Yes it's Users, groups, etc.   Sorry didn't realize you were after different Azure resources.

I think anything is possible with the REST API, just need a good developer.

Good luck

Susan

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events