cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Matching reference from incoming Emails if tickets move to another project

pmarx August 30, 2022

Hi, 

do you know a solution for the following case:

We want to migrate a service desk project from onpremis to JSM cloud. 

After the migration we would like to move the tickets to another project (so the ticket ID will change from oldproject-100 to newproject-201).

Is there a solution that incoming emails (with the old-ticket ID) from a customer will reference to the old ticket id?

Thanks in advance!

Regards

Phil

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Hi @pmarx ,

if you move a JSM issue to another JSM project then the issue key will change for the customer in the portal. So before the move their issue will show as oldproject-100 and after the move it will show as newproject-201.

pmarx August 30, 2022

Yes, that is correct. But what happened if he replied to an email with the old issue key in the subject?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
August 30, 2022

Oh I see you are inquiring about an email response that has the old issue key. I need to test that. I suspect it would create a new issue in the old project but need to verify TBH.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

Jira has a record of all the issue moves, and the email handlers look it up - it will comment on the moved issue if the reply contains the old issue key in it!

I don't know if the JSM email channel does the same though.

Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
August 30, 2022

It should works as internally, Jira/JSM will maintain the references association to the old ticket ID with the moved issues.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

pmarx September 2, 2022

Ok. thank you! We will try it :-) 

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
TAGS
AUG Leaders