Marketplace Apps - What can you not live without?

Keith Jones
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2021

We recently started using JIRA software & JSM (cloud) and just have the basic product + JIRA Toolkit Plugin. My question to the community is, what apps do use that you really recommend, and why? I'm deliberately leaving this fairly open-ended - who knows what ideas some of your processes might spark?
Areas that I know I want to get into are bringing on Confluence (Knowledgebase & process documents), and enhanced email management (sending from an issue). Other than that, I'd love to hear your ideas and must-haves. 

3 comments

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 23, 2021

That's a really good question.

I'm commenting purely to watch - I've been here a long time, I'm struggling to have a "cannot live without" myself for many reasons.  The main one is that for the last 8 years, I've been helping others, who need all sorts of weird and wonderful things, and I'd argue that my "cannot live without" is driven by the current client, so that changes a couple of times a week... 

Also, my marketing people would kill me if I didn't say "Scriptrunner", so consider that done ;-)  Hopefully, you won't get bombarded with marketing any heavier than I just did (if my lot try it, I'll tell them off)

Like # people like this
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 25, 2021

@Keith Jones -

Hi Keith:

I would recommend the following add-ons (Note: we are still on Jira DC and JSM DC environments, but all of the following recommendations support CLOUD env) -

1) Script Runner for Jira - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/6820/scriptrunner-for-jira?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

2) JMEW - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/292/jira-misc-workflow-extensions-jmwe?tab=overview&hosting=cloud

3) Structure for Jira - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/34717/structure-project-management-at-scale?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

4) JEMH - https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/4832/enterprise-mail-handler-for-jira-jemh?hosting=cloud&tab=overview

The first 2 address many issues with customization/automation/extend functionality for Jira/JSM issue and WF configurations. I would say they are must-have for any Jira/JSM envs.

The 3rd one addresses how one can provide a custom displays (not SCRUM/KANBAN) for planning and management of issues/projects

The last one extends the email in-depth functionality to create issue via emails not only just for JSM projects but also Jira projects.  Highly customizable.

I also agreed with @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- comments, it is really depend on the ever-changing asks from your users base's requirements for solutions on business operation needs.

Lastly, I would also recommend that when you select an add-on, you want to make sure that the vendor's customer base + vendor's support and keeping up with Atlassian's version upgrade path.  Some add-ons may address your business needs, but the vendor cannot support the Atlassian's upgrade path movement.  So, you are not able to upgrade your env because your add-ons don't support the version properly and timely.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Like # people like this
Boris Berenberg - Atlas Authority
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 26, 2021

I would say that for email customization, you can check out our app Notification Assistant for Jira

We support custom templates, project and system level configuration, an audit log, and are frequently shipping new features to support customer needs.

Like Keith Jones likes this

Comment

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events