Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual time entry custom field

Charlie Hicklin
I'm New Here
I'm New Here
Those new to the Atlassian Community have posted less than three times. Give them a warm welcome!
October 5, 2023

I feel like the answer is sitting right in front of my face, but I can't seem to find a concrete answer.

My organization is in need of a custom field that allows someone to manually enter a timestamp for when an issue begins or is discovered. We are currently using the date/time picker but we would like it to track hours, minutes, and seconds which the DT picker doesn't do.

I've considered using a plain number field, which if there's no other option is fine, but to me it seems like a pretty glaring omission if a simple time picker is not an option.

Does this exist somewhere in Jira or in a third party app? A lot of them seem to get close but don't actually do what I need them to do

1 answer

3 votes
Giovanni Melai
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 5, 2023

Hi @Charlie Hicklin

I think this thread is still relevant to answer your question.

Based on the suggestion linked there Atlassian hasn't yet implemented in Cloud the functionality that is available on Server/Data Center to be able to use seconds in the Date Time picker field (change to be made by an Admin that affects the whole instance).

So the maximum you can get from the Date Time Picker is hours and minutes.

I don't know any third-party add-on that can help with this.

I hope this answers your question.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events