Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory fields in portal can be left empty

Anna Arczynska January 2, 2023

I do not know what happend. 

Why I can send/create requests in protal with empty mandatory fields?Adnotacja 2023-01-02 113435.png

1 answer

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2023

Hi @Anna Arczynska , are you illustrating that the issue is created with the three fields left empty? Can you indicate the source of the screenshot? Is it from project setting > request types or somewhere else? What is the behavior if you use the Create button?

Are you illustrating that the issue is created with the three fields left empty?

- YES

Can you indicate the source of the screenshot? Is it from project setting > request types or somewhere else?
- Screenshot was done in portal on already created request.

What is the behavior if you use the Create button?
- Request was created, empty mandatory fields were not marked, no error message. 

It is about service request. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 2, 2023

Thanks. Can you share the screenshot from the project settings > request types and the edit view of the form? I'm scratching my head on how this could occur TBH. Are you seeing this on other request types? It would be interesting to try to create a new request type to replicate.

This is the view of the forms (edit):

Form.png

It is in polish. 

When I press create button, in portal on service request, only for summary field I see "Please enter the right value for the field", as you can see Imie, Nazwisko were not validated. 
service.png

But for incydent looks ok:
incydent.png

We are using, for now, only Incydents and Service request so I cannot check more types.

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

I can't reproduce this. I would recommend two paths...

1. recreate the request type and retest
  2. contact Atlassian Support 

Can you try this:

1. Create a single choice scroll down menu with two opitions.
2. Make one option a default value (for example list with YES NO and YES will be always set as default)
3. Mark this field as mandatory.

Add to your form any other mandatory field.

Check now if you can reproduce the issue. 

I think this may be that :(

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

Why have a field required that has a default? If you test by not making it required does it resolve the issue?

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

BTW, I am current on mobile device making it difficult to set this up and test.

Why have a field required that has a default? If you test by not making it required does it resolve the issue?

You are right, this do not have any sens :) But also removing * did not help. I do not know why some froms are working and other not. I will create broken forms from the begining, maybe I will fine the reason. 

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

Ok. Keep me updated. I’m missing something simple here I think. 🤔 

I shoot myself in the foot. I'm so embarrassed :D 

sorry for that:

Adnotacja 2023-01-02 193036.png

It was marked for some forms by mistake ehh.

Like Jack Brickey likes this
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
January 2, 2023

Hey it happens! Glad you found it.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events