Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Mandatory Work Log/Time Tracking in Nextgen

Sam June 20, 2021

Hi All,

Is there a way we can make 'time spent' or other time tracking mandatory before an issue is set to closed?

I'm aware this is possible in Classic but need to achieve in Nextgen.

I'm able to make other fields mandatory such as Assignee etc but cannot see a way to do this is with the Work Log fields.

Thanks

2 answers

0 votes
Arnaud Aubert December 1, 2021

Hi All,

Same thing is happening for me. I would like to add 'Time tracking' as a required field for transitions.

It seems that this field is not available for checks on transitions.
Is there any plan to make it available in the future ?

Regards,

Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2021

Hello @Arnaud Aubert,

Welcome to the Atlassian Community!

On team-managed projects, it’s currently not possible to set the Time Tracking as required on transitions.

I checked internally for updates regarding the feature I mentioned in my previous response, but there is no news to share.

For more information about what is taken into consideration to implement new features, please check our policy:

Kind regards,
Angélica

Like MGonzalez likes this
Arnaud Aubert December 1, 2021

Hello @Angélica Luz ,

Glad to be part of Atlassian Community :).

Thank you for your quick reply. I will have to look at company-managed projects then, as this would improve a lot my workflow.

Regards.

Like Angélica Luz likes this
0 votes
Angélica Luz
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
June 22, 2021

Hello Sam,

Thank you for reaching out to Atlassian Community!

On team-managed (next-gen) projects, currently, there are few options for required fields on transitions. The workflow doesn’t have the validators or post functions the same as company-managed (classic) ones. Also, there are no screens for transitions, so it’s not possible to set the Time tracking as required.

Based on your question, I created a feature request suggesting this option:

Please, click on vote and also watch the ticket above to receive updates from our product managers.

Kind regards,
Angélica

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events