Managing Service Management project as Software users

Yatish Madhav
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 18, 2023

Hi

I dont know how frequent a query this seems but I am sitting on the fence with this one. 

I would like to know - since we are trying to better role out and manage a Service Management project and have project managers manage tickets with them that clients log, How can we ensure the number of Service Management licenses are kept to a minimum?

Eg do the team project managers have to have SM licenses or is there a best practice around how SM tickets can be viewed and managed by project managers, or non-agents?

PLease advise?

Thank you
Yatish

1 answer

0 votes
Riley Venable (Atlas Bench)
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
February 11, 2023
You must be a Jira administrator to view licenses of team members. To view what license or group a user belongs to, go to Settings () > User management. Select a user on the Users page. Under Groups, check what licenses the user has. To find the number of users that are under the service-project-users group, go to Settings () > User management. Select Groups on the left-hand menu. Select service-project-users group. Check the number of users under this group under Group members. Project managers do not need to have a Jira Service Management license, but they must be added to the service-project-users license group in order to view and manage tickets.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events