Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Labels

Mario Dominguez July 18, 2021

Good,

I want to be able to create and manage new tags since the ones we have are old and do not work for us.

How can I create new ones and clean up the old ones?

I have looked everywhere in the Jira options but I can't find any section for this.

Thank you,

2 answers

2 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

@Mario Dominguez -

Another suggestion if you want to continue to use "labels" like functionality, you can create custom field with field type of Labels, and then assign it to your specific project(s).  When it is implemented, it will only display the labels created in those project(s) instead the out of the box "LABELS" field which it is global.

In regards to deleting labels, I agreed with @Mohamed Benziane Atlassian's Link.

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

1 vote
Answer accepted
Mohamed Benziane
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 18, 2021

Hi @Mario Dominguez 

To delete label you can look at this KB

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-delete-a-label-in-jira-297667646.html#:~:text=To%20completely%20delete%20a%20label,seen%20when%20browsing%20a%20labels.

My understanding of your use suggest me that you may need customfield (select list) rather than label.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events