Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manage Custom Fields / Agent View / Visibility for Sub-tasks

Ashraf B December 22, 2021

Hi there,

Is there a way to control the field configuration / field visibility for Sub-tasks. There are many CustomFields that are specific to certain RequestTypes, for e.g. CR_Approval_Group is only specific to Change requests but shows under Sub-Tasks.

Similarly,  I have created some CustomFields that I populate programmatically and use it for analysis / reporting purposes. However, these fields also show up in Sub-Tasks.

Additionally (slightly different), I have observed some CustomField that I have moved to "Hidden" in Request Types --> Agent View, also show up in Agent View. So, is the field configuration / visibility in RequestTypes different than field configuration / visibility in IssueTypes?

Thanks and regards,
Ashraf B

1 answer

3 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 23, 2021

You can control field access by issue type in three ways:

1. Remove the fields from the screens the issue type uses (see issue type screen schemes)
  2. Hide the fields in the issue type field configuration (see field configuration schemes)
  3. Change the context of the fields, giving the fields a context that does not include the sub-task types.  (see the global list of custom fields)
Ashraf B December 25, 2021

Thanks @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- ,

Will explore this and write back...

Regards,

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events