Come for the products,
stay for the community

The Atlassian Community can help you and your team get more value out of Atlassian products and practices.

Atlassian Community about banner
Community Members

Community Events
Community Groups

Making Jira Forms only visible for certain users

Hi, 

Can you make the Jira Forms only avaliable for a certain group or an individual user?

a little background with this question;

We have Jira servicedesk, we  have created forms which are only applicable to certain (internal) users.

right now the forms can only be visual to everyone or no one which leaves us with the above question. In order to use the forms we are in need to have this working.

many thanks for your reply.

2 answers

2 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Mikael Sandberg Community Leader Sep 09, 2022

Hi @joey_beekman,

Welcome to Atlassian Community!

Currently you cannot make the form only visible to certain users, the only thing you can do is mark it as internal (only visible to JSM agents in the project) or external (makes the form visible via the portal). 

Thanks for your answer @Mikael Sandberg

Visible to JSM agents or in the project wouldn't work, because we don't need it for the agents nor all people in the project.

Do you know if it's likely there would  an option developped that allows it?

I don't, I did a quick search on https://jira.atlassian.com/ and couldn't find any suggestions for this, so you could always create one and add the business case for it.

0 votes
Answer accepted

@joey_beekman -

I agreed with what @Mikael Sandberg stated.  You only other option right now is to create a separate JSM project with the implemented forms, and then restrict (control access to the project) access to the specified internal users.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
Community showcase
Published in Jira Service Management

An unofficial way to monitor a JSM mail handler for errors

...eturns true if any content is returned for the webResponse.body.data.first s...

650 views 3 19
Read article

Atlassian Community Events