Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make the default reporter blank

Filipe Lourenço June 28, 2022

As a Service Management user, when creating a new ticket/issue I want that the create new issue screen have the Reporter field blank, in order to force a selection of a user, which some times can be different than the logged user.

I request assistance on how we can achieve this behaviour of having the default reporter field blank by default when creating a new issue.

Thank you.

1 answer

0 votes
Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 28, 2022

Hi @Filipe Lourenço ,

I haven't seen this option can be left blank as the design is to logged who report it whether its the end-user or the one who reports on their behalf.

Here's an article to allow change of reporter, if it needs to be change later:

https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Jira-Service-Management/How-do-I-change-reporter-after-an-issue-is-created/qaq-p/1748006

Thanks,

Ben

Filipe Lourenço June 28, 2022

Thanks Ben! I don't want to create the issue with a blank reporter, I just would like to have the Reporter combobox empty on the Create New Issue screen so that it forces the user to pick a user manually whenever it's creating a new issue. The default behaviour automatically selects the current user logged in as the reporter.

Benjamin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 29, 2022

You can make it part of the Jira screen by adding the reporter field on create screen. See if that helps with the problem you are trying to solve. 

Thanks,

Ben

Suggest an answer

TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events