Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Make comments internal in JSM?

MK November 9, 2022

Looking to move multiple issues from Jira Software project to JSM project. In Jira software project all issues have many comments, and some comments are restricted to group.

Now if I move the issues to JSM project all comments will be visible to customers. Would like to share with customer only the comments that are restricted to group. In other words, the comments not restricted to any group should be an internal comment in JSM project. Is there a way to bulk edit this when moving the issue from Jira Software to JSM project? If bulk edit is not an option is there any other way to achieve this?

~MK

1 answer

1 vote
Joseph Chung Yin
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2022

@MK -

I believe you will need to use third party add-on to conduct the bulk edit action.  I am not aware there are anything which one can do out of the box in this case.

While looking at the Marketplace, there is this one add-on that you may want to look into it for your evaluation.  We have not evaluate the add-on at this time, so I don't know if it works or not.

https://marketplace.atlassian.com/apps/1214301/comment-toolbox-for-jira?hosting=datacenter&tab=overview

Hope this helps.

Best, Joseph Chung Yin

Jira/JSM Functional Lead, Global Infrastructure Applications Team

Viasat Inc.

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
SERVER
VERSION
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events