Missed Team ’24? Catch up on announcements here.

Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Logins and Accounts Forms Issue

Cole Simonson January 26, 2023

Hello all.  I'm in the process of setting up a new Service Desk for ONE specific application.  It seems that if I try to make use of any form that is associated with 'Logins and Accounts', then Jira is forcing the form to have a Multi-Dropdown that MUST have options that are NOT applicable to my need.  There are 16 options, including 'Active Directory', 'Analytics and Reporting Service', etc.  It seems that cannot be deleted, and/or it must have a LINKED JIRA FIELD to Components, which I also don't need or want.

How do people get around this issue?  

Here is a screenshot of the fields I am talking about:

Logins and Accts Issue.png

Another issue - if I try to create a form from scratch, I'm seeing where the application will allow me to choose previously defined fields, but why doesn't it allow me to just specify I want to put in a dropdown and specify my own choices within that dropdown?  

Thanks for your insights...  

Cole 

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Cole Simonson January 27, 2023

Never mind.  It seems that the issue resolved itself.  MAYBE it was that it just needed to have:

LINKED JIRA FIELD = DO NOT LINK

DATA CONNECTION = DO NOT LINK

I thought I tried that before, but it does seem to be working now. 

Maybe it was because I needed to clear out my cache on that browser window.

Clear out your cache by doing these steps:

* Press  <F12>

* On the Reload symbol in the upper-left corner of the browser, do a right-click and then select:   Empty Cache and Hard Reload.

0 votes
Mikael Sandberg
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 26, 2023

When you link a Jira field to your field in Forms it will replace all the options based on what the Jira field has, hence why you are seeing the options for "Select login or...". If you remove the link to the component field you will be able to set your own choices.

Cole Simonson January 27, 2023

Thank you, Mikael.  Appreciated.  

Have a great weekend!    :)

Like Mikael Sandberg likes this

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS